We are pleased to announce the next biennial meeting of the German Biophysical Society (DGfB) which will take place from September 20-23, 2020 here at the University of Konstanz.
The German Biophysical Society has three subsections (Section I: Molecular Biophysics, Section II: Membrane Biophysics, Section III: Cellular Biophysics) and aims at bringing together scientists with a wide range of interests within the broad biophysical community. The meeting offers an ideal setting for the scientific exchange of junior and senior biophysicists coming from various research fields. About 70 plenary, invited and contributed talks and about 200 poster presentations will promote lively discussions at the interface of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Medicine.
- Biomolecules and their assemblies: from structure and dynamics to function
- Biophysics of membranes, membrane proteins and protein-lipid interaction
- Energy transduction involving light harvesting, electron transfer and proton transfer
- Channels and transporters
- Biomolecular simulations and computational biophysics
- Biospectroscopy and imaging molecules of life
- Cell biophysics, intracellular transport and signalling
- New techniques and challenges in biophysics
A particular focus of the conference is the support of young researchers. We will host a Young Investigator Award competition. In addition, three poster prizes will be awarded.
Supporting the German Biophysical Society Meeting 2020 in Konstanz
If you are interested to support the German Biophysical Society Meeting 2020 in Konstanz with a financial contribution, please check our sponsoring information leaflet (Downloads and Links). Feel free to contact us for further information or individual sponsorship ideas.
Local Organising Committee
Karin Hauser, University of Konstanz (Chair)
Andreas Zumbusch, University of Konstanz (Co-Chair)
Malte Drescher, University of Konstanz
Michael Kovermann, University of Konstanz
Christine Peter, University of Konstanz
More information will be available soon!